Do you want to know that how to reset vivo phone? If yes then you are at the right place for knowing the procedure of formatting your Vivo mobile.
Sometimes we need to hard reset our smartphones due to some reason. There can be many reasons due to which we require to format our mobile.
The most popular reason of resetting Vivo or other are when we forgot the password of our mobile, When mobile create a hanging problem When an error occurs that not remove and other many issues.
So, if such a problem is occurring on your Vivo phone then obviously you need to hard reset vivo phone to fix the problem which is creating a problem to use on your Vivo smartphone.
Therefore, if you have any model of Vivo phone and want to format it then you don`t have to worry or go any other place for knowing its procedure.
Because we have mentioned step by step procedure on how to reset vivo phone which is for every Vivo model smartphone. So, let`s know about it below.
How to Format Vivo Phone using 4 methods?
By the way, there are many various methods for resetting your Vivo smartphone but we have mentioned 4 easy methods for factory reset vivo phone.
They are through the help of Vivo phone setting, Recovery mode through power & volume button, using software through computer and with the help of “find my device”.
So, these are the 4 methods and its procedure are introduced below with the help of a screenshot. So, you can follow any method which you wish.
Note: By the way, every method will work if you have not forgotten your password of Vivo phone. But you will not be able to follow one method if you have forgotten the Vivo phone password that is through the phone setting.
How to Reset Vivo phone using phone setting?
As you know that every brand & model of phone can be reset by the phone setting but the procedures are different according to the phone. So, we will know to hard reset of Vivo mobile through the Vivo phone setting.
I would like to tell you that if you have forgotten your pattern or lock of Vivo mobile and want to wipe data then this method will not work. It will work only when you are able to access your vivo phone.
So, this method will be most helpful if your vivo phone is hanging or any application which you have installed that is not removing or if the viruses are entered on your phone then it will be suitable.
Follow the below procedure for how to reset vivo phone through android settings:-
- Open the setting of your Vivo smartphone.
- Scroll down below and tap to the more setting option.
- Again scroll down and click on the Backup & Reset option as you can see in the below screenshot.
- Tap to the erase all data option as you can see clearly in the below images.
- If you have locked your mobile then enter your password or pin whatever you have activated.
- Then, select the Format phone storage option and then click on the clear now option.
- Now, you have to confirm by Tapping the erase everything option.
- Finally, your phone will restart and will start wiping data of your Vivo phone which will take a few minutes to completely open your Vivo android phone.
- As it opens then click on the setup your phone option.
- In the next step, you have to click on the “agree” option and then tap the “skip” option in the next step.
- Finally, click on the accept option then your phone will be completely formatted and opened.
Also Know:- How to unblock yourself on whatsapp?
Now, you would have known well that how to reset Vivo phone using the Vivo android phone setting. So, just you need to follow the above procedure stepwise which we have mentioned.
After resetting your Vivo phone, your every issue will be removed and the phone will look like a new phone in the software of your phone. Now, let`s know about the other methods.
How to Reset forgotten password in vivo phone using Recovery mode?
This Recovery method for resetting a phone is mostly used when the user forgot the password, pin, or pattern of their phone. By the way, you can also reset your vivo phone or other using recovery mode if hang or data or virus problem occur.
So, this method is most helpful to reset the password of the Vivo phone without a computer or laptop. In this method, all the processes are done through the power and volume key of a phone.
Follow the below procedure for how to reset Vivo phone pattern or password using recovery mode:-
- Power off your vivo phone. So, long press the power button and tap the Power off option on your Vivo phone.
- When the Vivo phone is completely switched off then keep pressing the power and volume up button for a few seconds until the option not appearing on display.
- Press the volume down button for selecting the Recovery mode option.
- Then, press the power button for clicking the recovery mode option.
- Now, come to the second option of wipe data by pressing volume down and then press the power key for clicking it.
- Again scroll below and select the wipe data option using the volume down and power button.
- Finally, press the power button to wipe data and then your vivo phone will start resetting.
- Within a few minutes, you will be notified that wipe data successfully. So, click to “ok”.
- Then, click on the Back option and then click on the Reboot system option. Within a couple of seconds, your Vivo phone will be opened completely and just you need to set it up as a new mobile.
By following the above procedure, you would have known well that how to format the Vivo phone if forgotten a password using recovery mode. So, just you have to follow the process for unlocking the Vivo phone by resetting it.
H3 – How to reset Vivo phone using Find my device?
You can hard reset any smartphone using the find my device option and the procedure are same for the every smartphone. But this is also the method for resetting a phone on Vivo that’s why we are giving the procedure of it.
The most interesting thing about this method is that you can reset your phone with the help of another phone. It means that you don`t have to do anything on your Vivo smartphone or other.
Just internet data should be turned on your Vivo phone or other phone and the google account or Gmail id should be signed on a phone which you want to reset.
And that Gmail account and password, you should know then you can control reset option of your phone with the help of another phone.
Follow the below procedure to know that how to format vivo phone using find my device:-
- Take another smartphone and install find my device application from play store.
- Tap to the sign-in as a guest option and then login by entering the email address and its password of account which is signed on your Vivo phone that you want to reset.
- Click to the erase device option and then again tap to the erase device option.
- Again login with your Gmail account and then tap to the erase device option which will be asked you as a confirmation.
- As you tap erase device option then on the other side, your Vivo phone will start resetting and then you have to set up it.
Now, you would have known well that how to reset Vivo phone using a Gmail account and find my device system. You can follow this method in any condition whether you have forgotten your password or want to format it by hanging or data problem.
What should you do before resetting your vivo phone?
There are many things you should do before resetting your vivo phone. As you know that every data which is stored on your smartphone that will be deleted after hard reset.
So, you have to backup all your data of your vivo phone before resetting. By the way, if you have forgotten the password then you will not be able to backup data of your vivo phone before resetting.
But if you format your vivo phone for the reason such as hang problem, phone storage full or due to any software error then you should back up your data before resetting such as essential photos, videos, documents, etc.
One most thing which you should backup is your contact number. So, you should move it to your sim card or google account, or any other storage.
Follow are the two points which you should do before formatting Vivo phone:-
- Before resetting your Vivo phone, you should remember the Google account and password which is signed on that phone or you should remove your google account from your Vivo phone. And if you don`t remove or remember your google account then after resetting it will ask which is known as FRP lock.
- The second thing is to backup all your essential data whatever you need after resetting your Vivo phone.
Therefore, these are the things that you need to do before following the procedure of how to reset Vivo phone. All the methods and their procedure we have told you. Now, let`s know some frequently asked questions related to resetting vivo phones.
H2 – Faq on How to Format vivo mobile
What is recovery mode in vivo?
Recovery mode is a hidden option that is available on almost every smartphone. There is the only difference in graphics and procedure of a process in recovery mode according to the smartphone.
So, recovery mode is not only available on Vivo phones but also available on other smartphones. This recovery mode is actually used when you are not able to access your smartphone through a touch display.
It provides an option to hard reset, data clean, Backup, and other functions available on this recovery mode which is used through the power and volume up and down button.
So, if you have forgotten the password on Vivo phone then you can unlock your vivo phone by resetting through the recovery mode option.
How to Hard reset Vivo mobile without Computer or laptopp?
There is a total of 3 methods for resetting your Vivo phone without the help of any computer or laptop. They are through the Vivo phone setting, using Recovery mode, and Find my device.
Otherwise, there are many methods for resetting the Vivo phone with the help of a PC. Many of them don`t have a PC, so the above method will be helpful for them which is without a computer.
What will happen if we forgot gmail id & password or not remove it bfeore resetting?
If you don`t remember your Google account and password or if you don`t remove google account before resetting then your vivo phone will be locked as FRP Lock.
If you don`t know about FRP lock then let me tell you in a brief. FRP means Factory reset protection which clearly means that it protects if anybody resets your phone.
So, your phone confirms by putting FRP lock that whether the real owner of mobile is resetting or other users? So, you should know your google account or password before resetting your Vivo phone.
If you remove google account from your phone then your phone will not ask to login gmail account after resetting. So, you should know it.
Can we unlock the password of Vivo phone without hard resetting?
As you know that hard reset means resetting the operating system by clearing all the extra data stored on the operating system of an android phone.
So, if you hard reset your phone then every data is deleted from your phone including the password. But if you have forgotten a password and the essential data are stored on your Vivo phone then what to do?
I hope this is your question that how to break the Vivo phone password without deleting data. So, you can unlock your vivo phone easily without deleting any data but with the help of some software through a computer.
Conclusion on how to reset vivo phone
I hope that you would have known well that how to hard reset the vivo phone using various methods. We have shared total of 3 methods in this article for factory reset your vivo phone.
The most interesting thing about this article is that i have shared every method & procedure for resetting vivo phones without the need of a PC.
I expect that the purpose for which you have visited this page that you would have been got in a proper way. As well as the solution, we have also mentioned many important things such as a Frequently asked questions.
If you get any problem related to the formatting vivo or other phone then you can comment below, we will try to solve it.