Have you also need to cancel your food delivery order on Zomato due to some reasons? If yes then you`re at the right place to know that how to cancel order on Zomato?
Zomato is one of the fastest food-delivery apps that is satisfying its customers by providing them with the food of their choice.
So many restaurants along with the list of food items are available on its app. But do you know that you can cancel an order on Zomato without any ado?
Yes, it is possible to cancel your order on Zomato but you have to give a valid reason for doing it. Hence, if you have placed any wrong order, you should not worry to think about how will I cancel it.
Read this article carefully to know those simple methods that will help you in Zomato order cancellation. We have also discussed here the cancellation and refund policy of Zomato.
Can you cancel your food order on Zomato?
Yes, you can cancel your food order on Zomato very easily. Zomato provides this facility to its customers to serve them in the best possible manner.
Therefore it is ranking high among other food-delivery companies. If you have placed any wrong order or if you have changed your mind due to any reason, you should not be worried to think that you will have to pay for your order.
You can cancel it immediately before it reaches the delivery address.
How to cancel order on Zomato?
Once you have placed an order on Zomato, your chosen restaurant starts to prepare your order for delivery.
Hence, you should take an immediate step to request the cancellation. Once the order will be given to the delivery boy to deliver to your address, you will not be able to do anything for cancelling that order.
We would guide you on how you can cancel an order on Zomato within a short time. Follow the steps that are discussed below to cancellation of the food order on zomato:
- Step 1: Open the Zomato app and tap on your profile picture in the top right corner.
- Step 2: Tap on the option of ‘Your orders.’
- Step 3: Select that placed order that you want to cancel.
- Step 4: You will view an order summary. When you will scroll down the screen, you will be able to see the phone number of the restaurant that is preparing your order.
- Step 5: Call to the restaurant and cancel your order by telling your placed order no. along with a valid reason.
But if you don’t get the phone number of that restaurant, you should choose an alternative method to cancel your order on Zomato App. Cancel your order by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Step 1: Open the Zomato app and tap on your profile picture.
- Step 2: Your orders>orders. Select that order that you want to cancel.
- Step 3: Tap on the option of ‘Support’ given in the top right corner of the order summary.
- Step 4: Start a chat with customer care. Choose the option of cancellation of the order.
- Step 5: Select the reason from the list of given reasons for cancellation. If you have other reasons, then, write in the chat.
- Step 6: Your order will be canceled in no time.
How to get refund after the cancellation of order on Zomato?
Once you have canceled your placed order, you will be able to claim a refund from Zomato. Zomato will refund you your order value amount as per the terms and conditions of Zomato’s cancellation and refund policy. Let’s take a look at how you will get a refund after the cancellation of the Zomato order:
- The mode of payment that you used for paying for the order, your money will be refunded via the same payment mode.
- If you have used Paytm wallet for paying the order value, you will get back your money within several hours.
- UPI transactions are refunded within 3-4 working days of Zomato.
- The payment that is done by credit/debit card is refunded within 5-7 working days of Zomato.
- Sodexo payment mode takes the time of 5 working days of Zomato.
- If you used NetBanking, you should wait for 5-7 working days for Zomato to get your money back.
Note: If you have not received your money even after 7 business days of Zomato, you should contact to customer care.
You can go to support and register your grievance regarding not getting a refund for your canceled order. Customer care will take immediate action on your complaint.
What is the Zomato order cancellation policy?
Check out the following key points related to the Zomato order cancellation policy:
- Your order will be canceled by Zomato when the restaurant gives consent for this.
- If you breach any rule by providing any incorrect details regarding your contact number, delivery address, etc. the cancellation charges as the punishment fee will be taken from you. If your order was placed for cash on delivery, the cancellation fee will be included in your next order.
- Due to technical errors/ unavailability of orders in the restaurant, Zomato either asks you to change the order or cancel the order. No cancellation charge is taken from the customer. If you have already paid for that order, your money will be refunded to you as soon as possible.
What is the Zomato refund policy?
Are you bothered to think about the Zomato refund policy? Let’s have a look at the terms and conditions of the Zomato refund policy:
- If you have canceled the order not according to the terms and conditions of Zomato, your money will not be refunded.
- No refund is given without the permission of the restaurant.
- if you find the delivered product of poor quality and not according to your demand, you will have to share proof before asking refund.
- The payment of mode that you chose for paying for the canceled order, the same payment mode will be chosen to refund your money by Zomato.
FAQ on Zomato order cancellation
Is cancellation available in Zomato?
Yes, cancellation is available in Zomato. But you have to give a valid and strong reason for canceling your order. Furthermore, you will not get too much time to cancellation of your order. Once it is dispatched from the restaurant to delivery, your order can not be canceled.
Does Zomato refund money?
Yes, Zomato refunds money to eligible customers. If you have followed the terms and conditions of the cancellation policy, your money will be refunded. Furthermore, the consent of the restaurant should also be necessary before giving you a refund.
What happens to food when we cancel orders on Zomato?
If you have ordered something that can be used by any other customer, only then, the restaurant cancels your order. If your ordered item can not be used by anyone, then, you have to accept it.
Does Zomato accept cash on delivery in 2022?
Yes, the Zomato app gives various modes of payment to its customers. Out of those payment modes, cash on delivery is also an option that you can choose to pay when you receive an order at your delivery address.
Does Zomato refund for late delivery?
Yes, for attracting customers, Zomato has brought a new feature called On Time or Free. If you don’t get your order within time, your money will be refunded by Zomato.
How to change the delivery address in Zomato after ordering?
You can change the delivery address in Zomato after ordering. You should go to the order summary. Your delivery address will also be reflected here. You can edit your delivery address in no time.
How to order food in Zomato cash on delivery
Once you have placed the order on the Zomato app, you will be asked to pay for that order. Out of different payment modes, you can choose the option of cash on delivery. You will be shown the total order value including the tax on the screen.
Should you give a valid reason for Zomato Order Cancellation?
Yes, you should give a valid reason for Zomato order cancellation as this becomes hectic for Zomato as well as for the restaurant to cancel the placed order.
How much time does it take to refund your money after Zomato order cancellation?
It depends upon your selected payment mode:
1. Paytm wallet – within 24 hours
2. UPI transaction – 3 to 4 working days
3. Debit/credit card- 5 to 7 working days
4. NetBanking- 5 to 7 working days
5. Sodexo – 5 working days
How can I chat with Zomato Customer Support Team?
You can chat with the Zomato customer support team easily. Tap on your profile picture. You will get the option of online ordering help. Tap on it and start chatting with the Zomato customer care team.
Why is Zomato not accepting orders today?
If Zomato is not accepting your order today, it may be due to any technical order or unavailability of your desired item. You should wait for some time until the technical issue gets resolved. You can try to place any other food item’s order.
Now, if you had an issue after ordering food on zomato like an address mistake, mood change, food delivery late etc. that would have been solved by canceling food order on zomato.
So, you can easily cancel your order on zomato by contacting to the customer support through call or chat by teling valid reasons.
And easily get your money reversed back to your bank account or wallet whatever payment method you have used.