Are you facing a problem in removing your Gmail account on your Xiaomi any redmi smartphone? If yes, then you are at the perfectly right place to know that how to remove google account from mi phone?
Sometimes you logged in to your Google account on your friend`s smartphone. So, the other person can do any wrong things through your Gmail id.
Or if you have multiple google account logged on your mobile, then a particular google account is not necessary to you due to some reason.
So in such conditions, you want to remove that Gmail id from a particular device in which you have logged. Therefore, we have mentioned the step-by-step process about that how to remove Gmail account on Xiaomi redmi smartphone?
We have mentioned the procedure for every model of mi redmi smartphone such as Redmi Note 8, Redmi 5a, Redmi 6, Redmi 7a, redmi 9 pro etc.
How to unblock yourself on whatsapp if someone blocked you?
How to remove Gmail account from redmi mi phone? 2 Methods
There can be various ways but we have shared the two legit methods to remove a google account on your mi smartphone. They are through the mi android mobile setting and manage google account.
You want to remove the account because you don`t want to be logged in to use it from the particular mobile. If you follow the first method that is using the setting then your google account will be permanently logged out and removed from that mobile.
And if you follow the Second method that is through the google manage account then your account will be permanently logged out but it will not remove. You will know the detail about it in the methods below.
- What is safe mode and how to remove safe mode in mi phone and activate it?
- How to watch JioTV on laptop?
How to remove google account from mi phone using setting?
Basically, every android smartphone has a given setting to remove any google account from the phone setting. But to visit the setting where there is a list of google account and allow to remove that is different in every smartphone.
So, we will know to remove it on especially for any model of MI Redmi Smartphone through the phone setting. Whether multiple google account is logged or single account, all the list is available on the setting.
Therefore, the google account which wants to remove that you can remove from the list on the setting option. Note: If you are following this method then you should have the phone in which you want to remove.
Follow the given below steps to remove google account on any mi phone:-
- open the setting application on your mi phone.
- You have to scroll down below and click on the “Sync” option.
- You will see the list of account whatever you have in your mobile such as google, Facebook, Duo, etc. So, click on google.
- Now, you will be shown the list of google account. So, click on the Gmail id which you want to remove from your mi phone.
- Then, click on the more option.
- Click to the Remove account.
- As you click that, you will be given a notification. Finally, click on the “Remove account” option.
Now, your particular Gmail account will be permanently removed from the mi phone. By following the above Step by step procedure, you would have known easily that how to remove google account from mi phone using the setting method.
As you click to remove an account, then that goggle account will be signed out and will be removed from the phone. You will not be able to see that particular account anywhere on your smartphone.
If in the future you need to use that account on the same phone then you will need to log in by entering the email id and password.
How to reset mi phone if forgotten password or hang
How to reset vivo phone if forgotten password or hang
How to sign out Gmail account on redmi using a google manage account?
This method will work on any smartphone to remove a google account from that particular phone. The process of this method is completely different from the above method. Let`s know that how it works and what is process you have to follow?
If you have logged your own google account on the other person`s smartphone then this method required to remove gmail account. The most interesting thing about this method is that you don`t need that phone to log out your account on that mobile.
You can remove your google account from any other phone using your own smartphone. Since you cannot completely remove your google account as the above method but you can be signed out.
If you signed out then that google account will not work on that phone. It will ask password to log in. So, there is not difference between removing and signing out google account.
Follow the steps to know that how to remove google account from mi phone using manage account:-
- Firstly, you have to sign in to your Google account which you want to remove from other phones on your own phone which you have currently now through playsore or Gmail, or Google.
- Now, open google on your smartphone. (By the way, you can do it from playstore and Gmail also but we are telling process from google)
- Click to the top right corner of your google account.
- Select the google account from the list which you want to remove on the other device.
- Again click on your google account.
- Click to manage your account.
- Click to the security option as you can see in the below screenshot.
- Scroll down below and click on the manage device option on your device section.
- Now, you will be able to see the device on which that google account is signed in.
- Click to the three-dot menu on the device on which you want to remove your google account.
- Click to the Sign out option.
- Now, it will ask to confirm. So, again click on the sign-out option.
Now, your google account will be removed from the particular smartphone in which you have logged in. So, by following the above process of the above step, you would have known easily that how to remove google account from mi phone using the google manage account setting.
FAQ on How to Remove Google account from mi phone
We have mentioned the below frequently asked question and their answer related to removing Gmail account. So, that your every doubt may be cleared.
1.Does a factory reset remove Google account?
Yes, if you do a factory reset in your android smartphone then the google account will be removed from your phone. So, factory reset is also one of the methods through which you can permanently sign out and remove your google account from your phone.
You should follow this method to remove your google account when you want to delete all data from your smartphone. Mostly this method is used when someone sells money to the other person.
2. How do I sign out of Google on Android without deleting my account?
You do not require to delete your google account to remove it from your smartphone. There are various methods through which you can sign out or remove your Gmail account from your smartphone.
By the way, we have shared two genuine ways to sign out or remove a google account from mi phone in this article. But only some of the steps will be different in other androids phone which you can do easily.
So, they are through the phone setting and manage google account which allows to remove and sign out Gmail account without deleting google account.
3. What happens when I remove & Sign out my Google account on my phone?
When you remove a google account using the phone setting then it signed out and removes it from the Gmail and playstore application. So, if you want to use google playstore and Gmail with that account, then it is not possible until you sign in again.
But if you have logged on to the chrome browser, then still google account will be signed in on the chrome browser even by removing the account from the chrome browser. So, you can sign out of that google account from the chrome browser.
And if you want to sign out of Google account from the al over the device in one click in which playstore, Gmail, any browser will not have access. So, you need to follow the second method which is through the google manage account.
Therefore, if you remove the account through the google manage account setting then your Gmail account will not be accessible anyhow.
4. If I remove the Google account will it remove my phone contacts?
Yes, if the contacts are saved on that specific google account which you will remove then definitely contacts number will be removed from your phone.
So, if you want to remove google account from your smartphone then make sure to transfer the contacts from the Gmail account to the internal storage of your Phone.
5. Does removing Google account from phone stop it from tracking any data from the phone?
Yes, if the google account is removed from the device and browser then it will not be able to track any data from your phone until you don`t sign in.
So, if the google account is removed from the device and browser then whatever activities you do, will not upload on the google account activities.
- How to connect set top box to laptop?
- How to apply for jio fiber broadband connection?
- How to activate call waiting in airtel, jio, idea, vodafone etc.
Conclusion on Removing google account from redmi phone
We hope that you would have known well that how to remove google account from mi phone using the various methods. The procedure for signing out Gmail account is mentioned step by step with a screenshot like a tutorial.
As well as with these, we have given the answer which is frequently asked a question to clear all the doubts related to the removing Gmail account from the android phone.
By the way, we have introduced the procedure for especially the mi redmi smartphone but if you have the other brand of the android phone then also you can do it.
Just some of the interfaces will be different from the first method and if you follow the second method then that interface and same options are available in every mobile.
If you have any query related to signing out Gmail account from any phone then you can comment below. We will try to give the answer to the query which will be related to the google account.