Have you forgotten the password of your any mi phone? Is your phone hangs or not working properly? Do you want to erase all data to free your mobile? If you have such a problem with your mi phone then you need to know that how to reset mi phone to fix the issue?
Nowadays, almost every smartphone users set screen locks on their Phone to protect privacy. But sometimes, they forgot their phone password due to which they are unable to open their smartphone.
Or after a long time of using a smartphone, our mobile users hang and are not able to work properly as an old phone. Or you may be wanting to give the phone to the other user.
So, we need to format the phone in such a situation to fix the issue. Therefore, If you have any model of MI Xiaomi Redmi phone and want to hard reset it then no need to worry about it.
We have mentioned the step-by-step procedure on how to reset mi phone of every model to fix all types of bugs. So, just you need to follow the process that we have mentioned in the below section.
What you need to know before knowing that how to format mi phone?
There are many things that should you consider and need to do before formatting your mi phone. Below are the points which you have to do:-
- You have to backup all your data because after resetting all the data will be deleted from mi phone. So, you need to keep the essential data of your phone into the other storage including documents, photos, audio, videos, files, etc. So, by following this important procedure you can easily do the process of if you want that how to reset mi phone without losing data?.
- As well as these, as you are knowing that contact numbers are very important on our phone. So, you have to make sure to move or copy the contacts from the phone to SIM Card.
- You have to make sure to Remember the Gmail username and password which is logged on your mi phone. Or you can remove your google account from mi phone. (It is the most important step to do otherwise if you miss this step then your phone will be locked as FRP Lock.)
These are the following things which you must do before following the procedure of how to hard reset jio phone? Now, let`s know the methods and procedure.
What is safe mode and how to remove safe mode in mi and activate it?
How to factory reset mi phone? 4 ways
There are various different ways to hard reset redmi phones which are used according to the situation.
We have mentioned 4 different methods to Factory reset any mi phone which are through Recovery mode, MI setting, Google account, and computer.
The work of these 4 methods is the same but slightly used in the different situations which we have introduced on each method. So, let`s know all the methods and it`s the procedure.
How to reset mi phone when locked?
The Recovery method is mostly used when the user forgot the screen lock password of their MI Phone. Because you cannot factory reset mi phone using the phone setting due to the screen lock.
So, you can directly erase all data using recovery mode with the help of the power button and volume button. Therefore, the screen lock was bypassed after wiping data through recovery mode.
Follow the below-given points to know that how to reset mi phone password using recovery mode:-
(Note:- This method is for all models of MI Xiaomi Redmi phone which is in the above videos as well as in the below Procedure.)
You can know the process of resetting by watching the above videos or reading the below steps.
- Power off your MI Phone by pressing the power key and tapping the power off option.
- As the phone completely switches off then keep pressing the power button and volume up button continuously.
- As the mi logo appears and vibrates then release only the power button.
- But keep pressing the volume up button until you don`t see the recovery mode screen.
- Scroll down to wipe data option using volume down button and then press the power button to OK.
- Again press the power button to select the Wipe all data option.
- Scroll down below to the Confirm option for confirmation and then press the power button.
- Now, the resetting process will start and it will complete when the progress reached 100%.
- As the process finished then Wipe data successfully will appear on the screen.
- Press the power button to back to the menu option.
- Again press the power button to Reboot and then again press the power button to select reboot to system option.
As the mi phone turned on then you have to set up as a fresh software installation by Selecting language, entering email id and password.
With the help of the above steps, you would have known easily that how to factory reset mi phone by power button. Therefore, Just you will need to follow the step-by-step process.
How to reset xiaomi phone using android setting?
This method is mostly used when the phone hangs or not working properly or the user wants to delete all the data or you are selling your phone to others.
You cannot use this method to factory reset your mi phone if you have forgotten the password of the screen lock because you will not be able to open the mi phone setting.
So, you need to follow this method if you have to remove any issue related to the operating system of mi phone. So, let`s know that what is the process of this method.
Follow the below-given procedure to know that how to Format MI Phone using phone setting:-
- Open the setting of your MI Xiaomi Redmi phone.
- Open the about phone or additional setting and find the backup & reset option. Or you can search it from the search option in the mi setting.
- Click to the Backup & Reset option.
- Scroll down below and click on the Erase all data (Factory reset) option.
- Click to the Reset option as you can see in the below screenshot.
- Now, click to the Next after 10 seconds.
- Then, click on the OK Option after a few seconds.
- Now, you have to wait for a few minutes until the Resetting process not complete.
- As the mobile turned on then you have to set up it by selecting language and entering a google account if you have signed in.
It is the complete procedure to format Any model of MI Xiaomi Redmi phone using the android phone setting. By following the above procedure, you would have known well that how to Factory reset any mi phone using the phone setting?
How to Hard Reset mi phone using a Google account?
This method is mostly used when you lose your mi phone to format your phone using other phones with the help of a google account to protect privacy.
You can also apply this method to erase your device using the fin my device portal through google account. If you are not able to understand this method then let me explain in brief.
If the Google account is logged in to the mi phone which you want to format then no need to touch that handset. You can reset that phone with the help of another phone by logging google account.
If the Google account is signed on your phone then obviously, it will be connected with the google find my device portal which allows managing smartphone devices.
Therefore, you just need to sign in to Google find my device on the other phone through the same google account which is signed in the mi phone which you want to format.
Follow the below points to know that how to Reset mi phone using Google Find my device:-
- You have to install the Google find my device application on your other Android smartphone from playstore. Or you can apply the same process through the google.com/android/find website.
- Click to Sign in as a guest option.
- Now, you have to log in to your google account with the same which is signed in the phone which you want to format. So, Enter the email and then click on the next.
- Enter a password of the email and click on the next.
- Click to the Erase Device option as you can see in the below screenshot.
- Tap to the Erase Device.
- To confirm for formatting mi phone, Tap to erase option.
In this way, you can easily do the process of mi reset phone easily through the google find my device application. Therefore, you would have known easily that how to reset mi phone by following the above method.
How to format mi phone using (ADB tools) Computer?
This method is also mostly used when the user forgot the screen lock password and google account username & password.
If the Google account is login into your mi phone or any other phone and if you reset it through recovery mode then it will be locked as FRP lock.
But if you format the Phone using the software through a computer then mobile will not be locked as FRP. So, you can use this method if you have forgotten the screen lock password as well as a google account.
Therefore, we have mentioned the process to hard reset any redmi mobile through the ADB Fastboot tools using a computer or laptop. As well as a computer/laptop device, you will need a USB cable to connect mi phone.
Follow the below-given procedure of How to Reset mi phone using Laptop :-
- Power off your MI Phone and then keep pressing the Power button and Volum down button until you see the Fastboot on your screen.
- Connect your mi phone to the Computer/laptop using the USB Cable.
- Download ADB Fastboot Tools on your computer from the given link.
- Open the ADB Fastboot software files.
- Then, a list of some files will appear which you have to ignore. So, Right-click to the blank area by pressing the shift key.
- Click to the Open command window here option.
- Type the “Fastboot_W” word in the command window and press enter button from the keyboard.
- After a few seconds when the process completed then type “fastboot reboot” and press enter.
As you press enter then your mobile will be turned on and reset will be successfully done as a fresh installation. So, you would have known easily that how to reset mi phone using the computer with the help of software.
FAQ on How to Reset MI Phone
How can I unlock my mi phone if I forgot my password?
If you have forgotten the password of your screen lock of any mi redmi phone then you don’t have to worry about it. You can fix this problem without going to any shop, it means that it will be fixed by you by following some procedure.
So, just you need to Hard reset your mi phone through various techniques. We have mentioned 4 methods to factory reset any mi redmi phone in which 3 methods can be used to unlock mi screen password.
Therefore, you can unlock your mi phone password by formatting it through the Recovery mode, google account, and using software on the computer. So, you can follow any methods to unlock mi password if you have forgotten.
Will all data be erased after resetting MI Phone?
Yes, all data will be erased after factory reset your mi phone using any methods. Because the meaning of factory or hard reset is to make the operating software of smartphone as a default.
So, whenever you reset your mi or other phones through any methods then definitely all data will be removed from your smartphone. By the way, you can recover those data with the help of some recovery software if the data is not rewritten.
How to reboot mi phone?
Many of them asked that how to reboot mi phone? So, i would like to tell them that the procedure is same as it is in the other android smartphone by pressing the power button. Below the points are given for rebooting mi phone:-
- Press continuously the power button of your mi phone for 3 to 4 second.
- Now, Reboot option will appear. So, click to the Reboot option.
- Again tap to the reboot option.
- Finally, your phone will start rebooting which means your mi redmi phone will switch off then it will automatically get switched on.
How to reset mi phone without mi account?
Many of the mi phone users have a query that whether they can format mi phone without mi account or not? So, i would like to tell you that you can easily hard reset mi phone without mi account.
So, follow the above method of how to format any xiaomio redmi phone using any method as mentioned above.
How to bypass Google account in mi phone if forgotten password after resetting?
If your google account is logged on to your phone and then you have factory reset your smartphone then it will ask to enter your email address and password.
So, there is a solution to this problem also. You can unlock a google account by using some technique without a computer and through a computer also. Since the procedure of this solution is available on youtube or you can search it on google.
Currently, we have not written an article on this topic to Bypass FRP lock in mi phone otherwise we would have given a link.
Is the procedure same for factory reset on mi phone of every model?
Yes, all the procedure or methods are same for every model of mi xiaomi phone. There is not a procedure according to the model for formatting your jio phone.
Whichever methods we have mentioned on this article and its procedure that all will work on every model of your mi phone. So, there is not any changes in procedure for resetting mi phone according to the model.
Conclusion on resetting any mi Xiaomi smartphone
Ultimately, we hope that you would have known easily that how to reset mi phone using various methods. We have mentioned every possible method to hard reset any model of mi phone.
We have introduced Step by step procedure of every genuine method to factory reset mi phone. With the help of this article, your problem would have been solved by formatting your redmi phone.
If you have any problem or query related to the problem in your mi phone then you can comment. We will try to provide the solution to your problem related to your smartphone as soon as possible. to