Have you purchased a JIO Wifi device to use as a wifi network? if you have bought it, but you don`t know to connect it to your devices then don`t worry. So, you will know in this article that how to connect jiofi to laptop or pc easily?
As well as with these, you will also know about the features & function of this jiofi hotspot device and the frequently asked question about it. So, that you don`t have any confusion related to this Jiofi device.
JioFi is the best hotspot device for the laptop or PC for better speed of internet connection. In this jiofi device, you can connect to various types of devices such as computer/pc, laptop, Tablet, Smartphone, and other devices which required internet.
This device comes in a various model which some jiofi devices allow to connect up to 10 devices and some up to 31 devices. By the way, 10 devices for connecting is enough for us.
As you are knowing that this jiofi device supports only jio sim. So, before proceeding to the further process make sure to have a Jio sim card. So, let`s know that how to use the internet from jiofi to laptop or computer devices?
How to use internet from jiofi to laptop or PC ? – 3 Methods
There are three methods through which you can connect your jiofi hotspot device to the computer or laptop devices. They are through the WIFI, USB Tethering, and WPS method.
Therefore, you can use it wirelessly and as well as through the wire cable also. There will not be a difference by connecting through the wifi, USB and WPS.
These all 3 methods will provide the best speed of the internet to your computer or laptop device. If you use it through the wifi or WPS and you have kept it so far away then, of course, you will get a low network.
(If you want to know that how to watch jio TV on laptop and computer then you can check it.)
How to connect jioFi to laptop using Wifi?
Most people connect their computer or laptop to any hotspot device using the wifi method only. If you are connecting to multiple devices, then definitely you will need to connect it through wifi.
So, if you connect jiofi to your system laptop or pc then make sure to keep it nearby from your device. So, that jiofi device can deliver better signal strength to your computer.
Follow the given below step by step process to connect laptop/ computer to the Jiofi device using wifi method:-
- Firstly, you will need to insert the jio sim card into your jiofi device. So, follow the given steps to insert your jio sim card:-
- Remove the back cover of jiofi device.
- Secondly, remove the battery of your jiofi device.
- Now, insert the macro sim card into the sim card slot.
- Secondly, Note down the SSID (Service Set Identifier) and password on the other side such as in a notebook or notepad. You will get the SSID and password of your jiofi device when you remove the battery of jiofi device.
- After putting the battery and cover, switch on your jiofi device by pressing the power button for 2-3 seconds.
- Now, go to the wifi setting on your laptop or desktop system. So, click the internet icon which is available almost in every windows laptop or pc on the right side of the bottom near the battery icon. (If the wifi is already turn on of your system then you will see the wifi icon)
- Click to wifi icon to turn on or this setting you can do by visiting under the system of your computer.
- As you Switch on the wifi of your laptop, it will search your jiofi device. So, you will need to wait for a few seconds until it does not scan jiofi device.
- When the SSID of your jiofi appears there, then click it.
- Click to connect button. After clicking it, wait for a few seconds, it will check network requirement.
- Then you will be asked to enter the security key. So, type the password as we had said above that you should note down the password from the jiofi device. After entering it, click on the Next option.
So, as you click on the next option then there will be appear connected below the SSID of your Jiofi device on your wifi setting. Therefore, with the help of vides and following the above steps, you would have known well that how to connect jiofi to laptop with wifi ?
How to use jiofi as a wifi on laptop using an USB Cable?
When you purchase a new jiofi device then you get a charger with a USB cable as a smartphone charger. So, through that USB Cable, you can also use the internet on your laptop from jiofi device.
The process is the same as you connect your laptop to a mobile hotspot using a USB Cable.
So, follow the given below following steps to connect laptop to jio wifi using USB Cable :-
- Just connect the B connector to the jiofi device in which you insert that to charge your jiofi device.
- Secondly, connect the USB cable to the USB port of your laptop or desktop system.
As you connect both jacks to the port then your jiofi automatically connected to the laptop. So, as it connects instead of the wifi icon, it will turn to the LAN icon.
By looking at that icon, you can sure that the laptop has successfully connected to your jiofi router. And you can access your internet easily from any browser of your system.
Therefore, by following the above method you have know well that how to connect jiofi to laptop using USB cable?
How to connect jiofi to laptop using WPS?
If you are not knowing that what is WPS features or functions on jiofi device? then don`t worry about it. The full form of WPS is Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
The WPS is a button that is given in almost every hotspot or router device. It is basically used when you forgot the password of your jiofi device or other router devices.
Through the help of this system, you can connect jiofi to your laptop even if you forgot the password. And after connecting it, you can know the password of jiofi device.
Mostly, this WPS button is used when you have to share the jiofi internet connection to the device of your friends. So, if someone asks you to access the internet from your jiofi then no need to share the password.
Follow the given below following steps to access internet from jiofi without password using WPS button :-
- Switch on the jiofi device and press the WPS button for 2-3 seconds. This WPS button is available on the right side below the power button. As you press it for 2 to 3 seconds, then the wifi light of jiofi device will start blinking in green color.
- Now, click on the wifi icon of your laptop which is in the taskbar beside the battery icon.
- After scanning, click on the SSID of your jiofi.
- Then, click on the connect option and it will be connected automatically without any password. (If there is asking to enter a password, then wait for a few seconds. It will automatically be connected.)
So, by following the above method you have known well that how to connect jiofi to laptop using wps function? Therefore, you can use this method whenever you need it.
What are the features and functions of jiofi device?
Finally, You have known well that how to connect JioFi to laptop or PC ? But that much knowledge is not sufficient, you should know the features and functions of JioFi hotspot router device.
There are many features available in this JioFi device that every JioFi user should know. There are battery indiactor, wifi indiactor, Network indicator etc.
So, they glow with different color and blink according to the conditons. So, you can know all those features of JioFI device by looking the below videos.
FAQ on How to connect jiofi to laptop?
How to check jiofi balance in laptop?
As you have to check the data balance of smartphone, In the same way, you will need to check the data balance of jio sim which is inserted on the jiofi router device.
There is most important to track the usage and balance of jio sim card of jiofi device. Then you can use it according to the usage per day and can recharge it in a time.
Follow the following process to check jiofi balance in laptop or desktop system:-
- Open the browser and go to the official website of jio which is jio.com.
- Click to sign in.
- Then, click on JioFi option.
- Enter jio number which is inserted in your JioFi hotspot router device and then click to generate OTP.
- Select the alternate mobile number or Aadhar linked number. So, select anyone in which you receive OTP. (When you purchase a new JIO SIM Card then the retailer asked you for an alternate mobile number and Aadhar number. So, from that data it fetch and shows to you.)
- After selecting, click on the generate OTP button.
- Now, enter OTP and click to submit button. After entering it, you will be successfully logged in with your jiofi device sim card.
After logged in, you can check data (Internet) usage and expiry date. You can track many things & check and can do recharge also. So, in this way you can check the data balance of the joFi device.
Therefore, it is the most important things which you should know because you have known that how to connect jiofi to laptop? but if you don`t know that how to check data balance then you will get problem.
Why my laptop is not connecting to JioFi?
Following are troubleshoot which you should do and follow the guidelines below, so that jioFi device can be connected sucessfully:-
- You should Re-insert the jio sim card in your jioFi Device.
- Make sure that the JioFi device is turned on and Battery should be charged enough.
- WIFI should be turned on your laptop and Re-scanned it.
- Check the indicator light of JioFi icon. If there is a green network then it indicates that full network. In the same way, the Blue network indicates that there is an average signal and the red indicates that poor signal. If there is a red network then you should keep it where there is a good signal.
- JioFi should be connected to maximum 10 devices at a time and the distance between jioFi and laptop should be maximum of 10 meters for a better network.
How can I increase JioFi speed on my laptop?
Now, you have known well that how to connect jiofi to laptop? But if you get the slow internet speed then there will be problem for you. Again, you have to research it but we have mentioned here.
Sometimes you get a fast-speed network on your smartphone with the same Jio Sim card which you have inserted into JioFi device. But you get slow speed with the same Jio sim card from your JioFi device.
Even the gree network glow which indicates the good signal receiving your jioFi device then also your laptop not get fast speed internet from JioFi router device.
Basically, Jio`s Network system delivers networks in 3 bands and they are band 3, band 5, and band 40. So, if you don`t know that what are the function of this band in the network signal then let me tell in brief.
The range of band 3 is far from other brands but it provides a slow network and the range of band 5 is medium and provides medium network. In the same pattern, the range of band 40 is low but the speed is very fast as compare to the 3 & 5 bands.
Therefore, you will need to change to band 40 of your jio f device. Follow the below steps to increase jioFi speed:-
- Visit the http://jiofi.local.html from the browser of your computer. Make sure to connect your device to the jioFi before opening this website.
- Click to log in and enter the username and password. The default username and password of everyJioFi device is the administrator. After entering, click on the Login button.
- Click to setting and select the Manual option in the network for APN attach setting.
- Select IPV4 from the various option of IPV4/IPV6 Mode. (Important setting)
- Now, click to apply button.
Now, you can test your network speed, surely your internet speed will increase as compared to the earlier speed. Therefore, you can easily increase your speed jioFi router hotspot by following the above steps.
Conclusion on How to connect internet from jio Wifi to laptop ?
Ultimately, I Expect that you have known well that how to connect jioFi to laptop using the various methods. There will not be any difference in the internet speed between the 3 methods.
As well as this, we have tried to mention all your doubts with the help of Frequently asked question. We have shared the videos about the features and functions of Jio wifi router device.
So, that all the confusion related to the features of JioFi may be removed from your mind. If you have any query related to the JioFi device then you can comment below.