Is there a wrong date of birth in your aadhar card document? If yes, then you will need to update it. So, you don`t have to worry about its solution because we have mentioned step by step process of how to change date of birth in aadhar card?
As you are knowing that aadhar card is one of the documents which is required in almost every online or offline Services/work. And also you know well that the date of birth of a particular person is very important.
So, if there is a written wrong date of birth on your aadhar card which is different from your mark sheet, pan card, voter id, driving license, passport, etc. document, then definitely you will need to correct it.
Because as well as with the aadhar card, there are many documents which are required. So, there should be an exact date of birth in your aadhar card and the other document.
Otherwise, there will be a mismatch of your document as compared to the other document and Aadhar card. Therefore, your document may reject if you submit it anywhere.
How to update date of birth in aadhar card through various methods?
There are various techniques through which you can change the date of birth by yourself on your own aadhar card. So, we have mentioned 3 methods to rectify D.O.B on your aadhar identity in this article.
They are through the help of uidai official website, offline by visiting the enrollment center, and by sending updating form via post. Therefore, you can follow any methods which you wish to change D.O.B in your aadhar card.
How to check call details of any Number?
Change date of birth in aadhar card Using website
The uidai has been given an option to each owner to update or correct Name, Address, Date of birth, photo, etc. online without going to the enrollment center.
So, you can make changes to your original date of birth on your aadhar card just by sitting at your home. So, let`s know that what is a process you will need to follow to update d.o.b online on your aadhar card.
Note:- Your mobile number should be registered with your aadhar card then only, you will be eligible to update any detail or date of birth. If t is not linked then you should link by visiting your nearby aadhar center.
Follow the below points to Correct date of birth on your aadhar card:-
- Visit the uidai.gov.in on any browser from your computer or smartphone which is an official website of aadhar card.
- Scroll below and click on the update aadhar options.
- Scroll below and then click on the update demographics data online option.
- Click to proceed to the update Aadhar button as you can see in the below screenshot.
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhar card Number and captcha.
- Click to the send otp and then enter otp there and then click to the login options.
- Click to the update demographics data options which are under the update demographics data including address.
- Select the date of birth options from the various list and then click on the proceed option.
- Tick the consent that is “Yes, I am aware of this” and then click on the proceed option.
- Enter the New Original Date of birth using the calendar which you want to set according to your other document.
- Select the document name from the list of which you have a soft copy to upload.
- Click to upload document option and then upload the document which you have selected in the document name. (Note that it should be in the format of JPEG or PNG and maximum 2 MB storage)
- Click on the preview option and then you can see the images of the document which you have uploaded.
- Fill in the captcha and then click on the send otp option.
- Now, enter the otp which will be sent to your registered mobile number with aadhar card.
- Tick in the consent and click to make payment option.
- Finally, choose the payment option according to your wish and make a payment of RS. 50. As you complete the payment then a request will be sent successfully for updating the date of birth on your aadhar card.
Correct D.O.B in aadhar card through offline
By the way, if you go to your nearby aadhar center then you will be given instruction by them to change the date of birth on your aadhar card.
But we have mentioned some steps which you will need to follow for an update in aadhar card offline without asking anything from the operator of the Aadhar center.
When you visit the center then you will be asked for biometric fingerprint verification. Then, your adhaar card will be updated within a few days or a week.
You don`t need to fill any form after visiting the Aadhar enrollment Center because all the details are filled in when you book an appointment.
Follow the below points to change date of birth in aadhar card visiting the adhar center:-
- Firstly, book an appointment if you are from big cities to save your time. Follow the below points to get a slot for adhaar updatee:-
- Print the Receipt which you have downloaded.
- Visit the nearby Aadhar Center on the particular date on which you have booked an appointment.
- You need to give the Receipt to the operator of the Aadhar center.
- When they asked a fingerprint then you have to put your fingerprint on their biometric device.
- Then, they will give you a receipt of updation of the date of birth on your aadhar card.
So, your date of birth will be updated within a few days or a week as you get the Receipt from the aadhar center.
How to remove google account from mi phone?
How to hide whatsapp chat without archive?
Update date of birth in aadhar card through post
You can also update your date of birth via speed post. You need to send the form and documents to the address of uidai aadhar card. Then, they will update your date of birth.
So, you don`t have to worry about its process because we have given step by step procedure to apply for aadhar correction of date of birth through the speed post.
By the way, if you apply through this method then it may take more days to successfully update your date of birth on your aadhar card as compared to the other above method.
We recommend you to follow the above methods through the website and visits the nearby aadhar center. Because if there is some mistakes while filling form then maybe it can reject. So, let`s know about its procedure.
Follow the below points for correcting D.O.B on aadhar card through post:-
- Download the correction form from the given link – https://uidai.gov.in/images/UpdateRequestFormV2.pdf.
- Print out that aadhar update form that you have downloaded from the printer.
- Fill the form according to the instruction given as well as enter the new date of birth which you want to change.
- After filling the form, sign it.
- As well as with the application form, you also need to attach a document which proved as date of birth.
- Then, visit the nearby post office and then send that form and document to the below one address:-
Post Box No. 10, Chhindwara,
Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India
Post-Box No. 99, Banjara Hills,
Hyderabad – 500034, India
As you send, then after a few days, your date of birth will be updated if you have filled the form correctly and the address. In this, you can apply for correction of aadhar card using speed post.
What are the documents required to update date of birth in aadhar card?
No matter the methods which you follow but one Date of birth proof is necessary to update the date of birth on aadhar card.
So, we will know that what are proofs will be acceptable for making corrections of the date of birth on your aadhar card.
Below are the documents are given from which you will need one proof for correction of date of birth on aadhar card:-
- Birth Certificate:- You can upload or give a birth certificate for updating of D.O.B of aadhar card. This certificate may be available to you because it’s a very important document.
- PAN Card:- if you are above 18 age then you might have this PAN Card document which you can upload online or can give offline to the Aadhar center or can send it via speed post.
- Marksheet:- You can use a mark sheet which was issued by any board or university government.
- SSLC (Secondary School Leaving Certificate) Book / Certificate.
- Central/state pension payment order.
- Health scheme document
So, you can upload any of the one document from the above list of documents online. Also, you can submit any one of the following documents from the above offline by visiting the Aadhar center and via the post office.
How to reset Jio Phone password?
FAQ on Updating date of birth in aadhar card
How many days it will take to update D.O.B in Aadhar card?
By the way, it can take up to 90 days to update the date of birth on your aadhar card according to the uidai official website. But actually, it takes approximately from 3 to 15 days which we have realized practically.
How to check the update status (D.O.B) of Aadhar card?
1. Visit the official website of aadhar card and then scroll below.
2. Click to the Aadhar check update status under the update Aadhar.
3. Enter the enrollment ID and Date by looking from the receipt or acknowledgment slip.
4. Then, enter the captcha and click on the Check status option.
Can I change Dob in Aadhar card without proof?
No, you cannot change D.O.B in aadhar card without proof. If you follow the process to update by yourself then you will need to upload Date of birth proof on a website. Or even if you follow the process of offline by going to the nearby Aadhar center then also you will need to give one Date of birth proof certificate.
How many times DOB can be changed in aadhar?
You can update your date of birth on your aadhar card only once in a life.
How can I change my date of birth on Aadhar card without mobile number?
You cannot change your date of birth in an Aadhar card online by yourself unless your mobile number is not registered to your aadhar. But you can correct your date of birth on your aadhar card by visiting to the nearby Aadhar enrollment center or via speed post.
How to connect set top box to laptop?
How to connect JioFi to laptop?
Conclusion on making correction of date of birth on aadhar card
Finally, I hope that you would have known to change date of birth in aadhar card using various methods. I have tried to cover almost every important piece of information to you about changing D.O.B in aadhar card.
In this article, I have mentioned 3 methods that are through online websites. offline center and via speed post. So, you can follow any method which you wish to follow.
If your mobile number is registered with your aadhar card then we will highly recommend you rectify the date of birth in aadhar card using the official uidai website.